Friday, August 11, 2017

Q to the A #UseYourWords

Welcome to August's Use Your Words post. This is how it works: participating bloggers picked four to six words or short phrases for someone else to craft into a post. All words must be used at least once and all the posts will be unique as each writer has received their own set of words. That is the challenge, here is a fun twist; no one who is participating knows who got their words and in what direction the writer will take them. Until now.



My words are:
detective ~ coffee ~ alley ~ sordid ~ camera ~ hopscotch

They were submitted by: Jenniy of http://climaxedtheblog.blogspot.com

Can we all just take a moment to acknowledge the perfection of me receiving a Use Your Words list, which includes the word coffee?! Yes, keep contemplating the perfection of it. I will be right back. I am going to fetch another cup of coffee. *coffee interlude* Okay, I am back. I was struggling to come up with a way to use my words, and I did write a poem, which I dislike, so I went back to the drawing board. One of my favorite posts from the past, was when my friend HUZ, asked me questions, based on the words I was assigned. So, I am revisiting that concept, with the help of my friend Y. Thank you, Y! xo

1. (detective) 
Q: Have you ever been questioned by a detective? Were handcuffs involved? 
A: Actually, yes. I am grateful to say, each time the detectives were questioning me as a witness, not a suspect, so no handcuffs were involved. 

2. (coffee) 
Q: You just want me to let you discuss coffee for twenty minutes, I guess. Are you sure you didn't come up with the words? Okay, so you HAVE to give up coffee forever. What do you replace it with?
A: The blood of my enemies, starting with the idiot who took coffee away from me. No, seriously, there is no replacement for coffee. Plus, I am not entirely sure I could live without it. I guess I would just drink more tea?! I don't know. Let's move beyond this horrible hypothetical scenario. 

3. (alley)
Q: Are you certain you did not come up with these words yourself? What is the most interesting thing you have ever done in an alley?
A: Well, considering I live in an alley, you would think I would have an awesome list of answers. I really don't. I guess it would be the time I really hurt myself badly. I was probably eleven. This isn't actually the first time I lived in a house with alley access/entrance. I was a speed demon on my bike, when I was younger, and the alley was mostly dirt and gravel, and I turned into the alley way too quickly, and totally wrecked. I went head over heels several times, and even hit a dumpster super hard. It was terrible. I was bloody, bruised, and broken. My poor bike. 

4. (sordid) 
Q: Tell me a sordid tale. 
A: You and I. Haha. Ummm... Sordid... One thing comes to mind, but I try to bring politics up as little as possible, especially in recent months. Though, if we are being honest, so many political tales can easily be considered sordid, and I am talking about the truthful ones. I am certain there are plenty of untrue sordid political tales. Okay, here you go... I know a guy who is cheating on his wife. He has been for years. I think he genuinely loves his wife, but I also think he loves this other woman also. Though, I could honestly think of a very good argument as to why he loves neither of them. It does weigh on me, but at the same time... It is genuinely none of my business. 

5. (camera)
Q: Are you comfortable behind the camera? In front of the camera?
A: Behind.... somewhat. Not completely. I have never taken photography classes, and truly know nothing about photography. However, I think I can take some good pictures with my phone camera and often think if I used a REAL camera, I would probably do decent. In front of.... Absolutely not. Not even slightly. However, I decided long ago to just deal with it. Pictures are like the evidence that we existed, and helpful for our loved ones' memories, so I suck it up and let pictures be taken of me. I don't like any pictures of me, but that is just the way it goes. I think many people, even some of the most beautiful people, do not like pictures of themselves.

6. (hopscotch)
Q: Would you ever play naked hopscotch?
A: I think an even better question would be, if I would ever play hopscotch. Probably not. Though, let's be honest, Gigi can get me to do nearly anything. So, if I am playing with children, no. Obviously. However, all adults or alone.... I guess it could happen... Never say never. However, it is truly not very likely at all. 

Okay, so there you have it. A quick little Q & A with moi. My heartfelt thanks to Y for humoring me, and coming up with some interesting questions. 

As for that poem I wrote?! Well...

I miss being the cream to your coffee.
I miss you being my personal hero. 
With you by my side, I would walk down the darkest alley.
I miss being with you.
I miss you being there for me always.
With you I felt complete.
I miss our sordid affair.
I miss adding chapters to our story.
With you I always thought there would be a happily ever after.
I miss crowding around the camera for our date ussies. 
I miss going on new and exciting dates with you.
With you every date was special and fun.
I miss imagining our future together.
I miss dreaming about playing hopscotch with our children.
With you, I thought there would be lots of babies.
I miss feeling loved and secure.
I miss feeling ravished and satisfied.
With you I was blinded, far from a detective.
I didn't see it coming.
I didn't know it was going to end.
I miss you.
I miss us. 
Without you I am empty.

As you can see, I definitely needed the backup plan. 

Links to the other “Use Your Words” posts:

6 comments:

  1. I can't see what is supposed to be wrong with the poem, but now we got to read the Q&A AND the poem, so who am I to argue?
    I was so happy for you when I discovered you got COFFEE as one of your words!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Although I do like your poem and disagree that you needed a back-up, I love the Q & A, I learned some new things about you. Except for your love of coffee. Everyone knows that, duh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh man, yeah coffee is awesome, I practically kiss the coffee mug every morning. Yeah, to much jiggling and flapping if I did hopscotch, LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job I realy enjoyed reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Naked hopscotch while drinking coffee now that's living the dream!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this idea. I might have to steal it sometime!!

    ReplyDelete

Skin

Welcome to June's Blog with Friends!! Each month a theme is chosen and then participating bloggers use the theme, to create their own un...