Friday, December 30, 2016

Let it Snow Dec 2016 #FunnyFriday

Today’s post is this 2016’s final Funny Friday. Funny Friday is a regular feature published on the last Friday of every month. Funny Friday is a collaborative project. Each month one of the participants submits a picture, then all participating bloggers write five captions or thoughts inspired by that month’s picture. Links to the other bloggers’ posts are below, click on them and see what they’ve come up with. I hope we bring a smile to your face as you start your weekend.


Funny Friday  150 X 150.jpg


Here’s today’s picture. It was submitted by Candice of Measurements of Merriment


35 - Measurements of Merriment - December 2016.jpg

1. All these clothes... Snow better be worth it!


2. Go outside in the snow, they said. It will be fun, they said.


3. I envision her bundling up every day, and waiting by the window for the first snowfall, and being sad about the unusually warm weather.


4. Getting bundled up was so tiring. Just a quick nap, and then I will be ready for all things fun in the snow!!


5. If I get told we will go out in the snow in five more minutes, one more time, I will scream! Why am I the only one who appreciates the wonderfulness of snow!?!

My first thought was A Christmas Story!! Anyone else?!

This will most likely be my last blog post of 2016. I highly doubt I will be able to write another before Sunday. That being said, please know... We are once again teaming up with Karen of Baking in a Tornado, for another Progressive Story project!! Which I am excited about, and will be writing my part this weekend!! 

Now, 2016... What a tough year. I think for so many people, not just myself, this was a year of struggles and loss. It also had some happy moments, and for those I am grateful. Unfortunately, I feel like I watched huge chunks of my childhood die. People who helped entertain and teach and inspire me, during my youth, have all moved on to Heaven/the afterlife. I have even suffered some personal losses. It was just a hard year.

It was a year that has rocked my very foundation, and shattered some of the things I believed about this world and country. I am determined to go into 2017 with a positive outlook, and a positive hope for the future. I refuse to let the negativity of 2016 taint 2017. With any luck, 2017 will be a much better year for us all.

I want to thank each and every one of you for your support over this past year. For reading my blogs and interacting with me on my Facebook page. My hope is to make my blog better in 2017. I had started the process months ago, but 2016 got in the way. I hope to finish what I started in 2017, and create a better blog, with better content for your reading enjoyment. I want to put more of myself into this blog, and just make it better overall. 

I hope to continue interacting with y'all in 2017, and hopefully you will enjoy my posts throughout the upcoming year!! May you all have a blessed, prosperous, and joyful 2017!! May we all travel unscathed through the months of 2017, and enter into the following year better and wiser, for having lived through 2017!! 


Click on the links below and let some other bloggers make you smile:


4 comments:

  1. Last caption is my favorite.
    I hear ya on those comments about 2016. I too go into 2017 full of hope. Wishing you a healthier 2017.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL at the one more minute. So true, one more minute to kid and parents has a different time equivalent

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you Jules!
    The last was my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the last one but you did a great job with all of them! Here's to a GREAT 2017 for us all.......<3

    ReplyDelete

Skin

Welcome to June's Blog with Friends!! Each month a theme is chosen and then participating bloggers use the theme, to create their own un...