Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Snap, Crackle, Sizzle July 2016 #PoetryCollaboration

Welcome to this month's poetry collaboration! For this month, we chose the theme Sizzle. Hopefully you enjoy my contribution! Don't forget to check out all the other contributions!! 





When I first heard sizzle, I thought of a grill, and then fireworks. It is such a good word. I especially love it that it contains two Zs. Z is my favorite letter. I hope you enjoy...

Poem 1 (BBQ): 

Steaks, burgers, and chicken breasts.
Iced tea and lemonade. 
Zesty marinades, onions, and peppers.
Zealous laughter. 
Lazing around on lawn chairs. 
Eating, laughing, talking, making memories. 




Poem 2:

I miss the nights we spent together. 
I miss our talks and debates. 
I miss the kisses and caresses. 
I miss the steamy intimacy. 
I miss the feel of your body against mine. 
I thought you were so hot. 
I thought you were so intelligent and thoughtful. 
I thought I'd explode from the ecstasy you evoked within me. 
I thought nothing could match the intense passion between us. 
I thought our nights together would never end. 
I felt like together we could conquer the world. 
I felt like I genuinely mattered to you. 
I felt like one day I'd hear a sizzle when I touched you. 
I felt like our passion could set the world on fire. 
I felt like we belonged to each other. 
I wish I had been right about our future. 
I wish I had given you more of my time, and made more memories. 
I wish I didn't miss you so much. 
I wish I had told you about how I truly felt. 
I wish your body were pressed against mine right now. 
I hope you are happy. 
I hope you are loved. 
I hope your dreams come true. 
I hope the music still guides you. 
I  hope you miss me, at least a little. 




Poem 3:

Seven
Intelligently 
Zany
Zebras
Lazily
Eating




Here are links to all the other Sizzle poems!!

Karen of Baking In A Tornado

Candice of Measurements of Merriment

Dawn of Spatulas On Parade

Diane of On the Border

Lydia of Cluttered Genius

4 comments:

  1. Trying to pick a favorite but having a very hard time. The last one sure did make me laugh, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, such different poems. Love how you created three around one theme. I agree with Karen about the last one, too cute. I think I like the first the best. Totally makes me think of summer. Great job ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well now...#2!
    But I laughed at 3! That's my favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The first said 'Summer' to me. The second was so touching. And the third? Well, I needed the laugh! You are so talented! Well done!

    ReplyDelete

Skin

Welcome to June's Blog with Friends!! Each month a theme is chosen and then participating bloggers use the theme, to create their own un...